Successful property management creates value and produces tenants who appreciate their surroundings. Our experienced management personnel allow us to provide unparalleled customer service to both building owners and tenants. That level of customer service translates into satisfied tenants who pay more rent and stay longer. When a property owner hires Rowan Keith Management they can expect the following services to be provided.
– Perform thorough visual inspection of new property
– Setup property owner on the Propertyware website
– Complete property owner data sheet
– Discuss with property owner pros and cons of such things as accepting pets, allowing smoking, etc.
– Research and gather rental rates for area. Discuss with owner and recommend optimal rental range
– Ensure property is ready to be marketed
– Install lockbox on property
– Take 20+ still pictures of property
– Take walk-through video of property
– Prepare custom marketing flyer
– Construct personalized mobile website for property
– Place For Rent sign in yard of property
– Post property listing on Craigslist, Trulia, Zillow, Heartland MLS, Facebook, Twitter, and more than a dozen other local, regional, and national websites and social media outlets.
– Send e-Flyer to 500 local real estate agents with offices closest to property
– Receive phone calls answering questions and to setup property showings
– Meet perspective tenants to show property throughout weekdays and weekends
– Provide perspective tenant with applications that are compliant with local and national fair housing guidelines
– Accept application for tenancy from perspective tenant
– Perform initial review of application
– Verify identity and income of applicant
– Run thorough credit, criminal, and eviction background checks by searching over 300 databases to ensure proper screening of any potential tenant
– Contact previous landlords for rental history
– Contact personal referrals listed for reference check
– Gather screening information and present to property owner along with rental suggestion
– Inform applicants who have been turned down
– Once approved, confirm move in date and terms of lease with tenant.
– Prepare and execute lease with tenant and property owner
– Review lease terms and guidelines with tenant to answer any additional questions and ensure they know what is required of them by the lease
– Receive security deposit
– Prepare property for transfer of possession:
– Perform detailed move in inspection with tenant and have tenants sign a report verifying the condition of the property prior to move-in.
– Move Tenant in
– Collect first month’s rent
– Maintain and monitor a 24 hour emergency repair hot-line
– Collect monthly rents
– Receive all maintenance or other calls from tenants
– Coordinate and oversee any necessary repairs
– Coordinate and oversee ongoing maintenance (i.e. lawn care or snow removal)
– Pay any bills on behalf of owner (Mortgage, Maintenance, HOA, Insurance, etc.)
– Prepare and deliver monthly owner statements including detailed documentation of income and breakdown of itemized expenses
– Distribute owner draws
– Maintain all historical records of property
– Provide annual reporting, for tax purposes, as well as required tax documents
– Enforce leases
– Track down late payments
– Send out any necessary tenant notices
– Enforcing late fees
– Coordinate evictions by filing necessary paperwork
– Represent owner in court
– Coordinate with law enforcement to remove tenant and tenants possessions from property
– Advise owner in the event of a legal dispute or litigation
– Refer owner to a qualified attorney when necessary
– Understand and abide by all local, state, and federal fair housing guidelines.
– Understand and abide by all local, state, and federal legislation that apply to renting and maintaining rental properties.
– Perform periodic inspections (Inside and outside) on a predefined schedule looking for repair needs, safety hazards, code violations, lease violations, etc.
– Send owner periodic reports on the condition of the property
– Provide a network of licensed, bonded and fully insured contractors who have been vetted for good pricing and good work that is up to code.
– Larger renovation or rehab projects
– Inspect unit and fill out a report on the property’s condition when the client moves out
– Provide tenant with a copy as well as estimated damages
– Return the balance of the security deposit to the tenant
– Forward any portion of the owner’s portion of the tenant deposit to the owner or hold in owner reserves for repairs.
– Clean unit and perform and needed repairs or upgrades
– Re-key the locks if necessary
– Put the property back on the market for rent
This isn’t intended to be a comprehensive list of property management services, but it should give you a fair idea of the scope of a property management company’s activities. We are here to provide our property owners with a stress free investment experience. We take the time commitment required to handle all of the continuously ongoing items required in managing a rental property off of the property owner’s plate.